Friday 29 May 2015

Getting Ready for Summer 2015

Summer is just three weeks away and after surviving a long, brutally cold winter, it can't come soon enough. Bring on the spring showers, summer sun, lush gardens, backyard BBQs and bonfires. When I'm not busy creating new pieces, you can usually find me out gardening for a few hours each day. My gardens are my sanctuary...it's just so refreshing to be outside digging in the dirt, clearing out the weeds and watching everything come to life.


I find gardening another way to be creative and love decorating my garden with all sorts of things from old garden chairs, broken crockery, birdbaths, arbours, birdcages, fountains and rustic iron sculpture. I love creating little points of interest hidden between the plants. One of my favourite pieces is a broken mirror frame surrounded by a group of not so scary gargoyles.










Summer is also outdoor show and festival season and for all of us artists, time to pack up the tent and hit the road.  Snowy, cold days provided me lots of time to create and I can't wait to get out there and share my newest creations with you. Be sure to check my facebook page for a complete list of events that I'll be attending. 






This past weekend I went to the Christie Antique Show at the Christie Lake Conservation in Dundas, Ontario. It took us a while to make our way in, but well worth the wait. Bus shuttles take you to and from the show field and we only waited a few minutes. With 300 vendors there is something for everyone, vintage and antiques. Found some fantastic deals on deco and vintage pins and pearls-amazing bargains!! I couldn't wait to get home and start making new pieces with my great  finds.


 I'm also thrilled to announce that I've returned to the Stratford Festival Theatre Stores for another fantastic season and if you're planning to attend one of the Festival's outstanding productions be sure to stop in and check out their lovely shops. 

Take care.....Marian  xo    



No comments:

Post a Comment